Kinect Sports: Season Two strolled back onto the scene in September, kicking up the first leaves of autumn, for a bold-as-brass double bill of reappearances. First with its digital arrival on the Xbox 360 Games on Demand service, then a week later as half of the boxed Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection, where it teamed up with its predecessor and called in DLC backup to establish an exhaustive 13-sport marathon. And this Ultimate Collection wasn't about to go off to retail quietly: a North American promotional tour was firing up continental college campuses all month, featuring live performances from the likes of Anoop Desai and Phive.
No Rare cameos in Minecraft Skin Packs or elsewhere during September, but that cheeky PlayXBLA team did mention a Rare trademark renewal in passing (to a careful no comment from us). Outside the Sports news we focused on what'll hopefully be a healthy new run of staff profiles under the trusty Rare Life banner, beginning with Tools Engineer Rich. Look out for more of those as we build up our info base for potential applicants. You can never have too many...
The World Wide Web
• [Videogamer.com] Kinect Sports franchise sales over 6 million
• [Hardcore Gamer] Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection Released
• [Major Nelson] Demo: Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection
• [Facebook] Xbox 360 Kinect Sports Ultimate Tour
• [YouTube] Kinect Sports Ultimate Tour feat Anoop Desai, Phive, ADHD & ZNi